Sagar Patil added 113 new photos to the album Rangana Camp on 30-10-2011.
Rangana trek (रांगणागड)
Date : 8th - 9th October 2011
Duration : 1 Night 2 Day
Difficulty Level : Easy
*Key Features of the Fort : Fantastic view of Kokan Regen&fort like Makarand gad
* ABOUT RANGANA FORT : Rangana fort is situated at 95 km. distance from Kolhapur at direct south side on the border of Kolhapur and Ratnagiri districts. The Kolhapur - Gargoti distance is 48 km. Rural University at Gargoti is Moni Vidyapeeth. About 35 km. from this place, is Patgaon, a resident place of Moni Maharaj. This was the old lane supplying essential girds for Rangana residents. S. T. Buses travel up tothis place. There is Hanmanta Ghat at 9 km. from Patgaon. For many years it is learnt that a regular highway from Kolhapur to Vengurla in Goa may be built by passing through this Ghat. At the edge of Ghat there is small village named Tabmewadi. The road from Patgaon to Tambewadi is very uneven. One walkway from Tabmewadi turns towards Rangana. In the 8 km. distance of this way one has to cross three deep valleys. This road passes through thick forest.
* Meeting Time and Place
Kolhapur Public School Main Gate at 6 am Sharp on Saturday 8th Oct 2011
* Depart at 7 am
* What to bring while coming for trek
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (compulsory)
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks.
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear (optional for month of october, but mornings are still cold)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. Normal satranji and shawl .
8. Cap,Torch with Extra pair of Batteries.
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
*NOTE: it is a simple village and does not have closed toilet facility. Please come prepared accordingly.
Contact for more details about trek
Sagar Patil 9579997111
Cost 1000 Rupees