Trek to Valley of Shadows
Dear Adventure Enthusiasts,
We at Kolhapur Hikers, invite you all for a Beautiful, Thrilling, Exhilarating &
Adventurous Trek Sandhan Valley. also known as Valley of Shadows
on 1st Jan 2016 To 3rd Jan 2016.
Information about the Trek :
Range- Igatpuri – Bhandardhara
Level: Medium & Thrill
Date: 1st Jan 2016 To 3rd Jan 2016
Participants :- 30 Only,(First come first serve)
Sandhan valley is known Wonder of nature & splendid of Sahayadri (Western Ghats).Water carved valley of 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. Valley surrounded with mighty Alang , Madan & Kulang. (Known as AMK- toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad , Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. Brilliant & deep narrow rock floored ravine between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft so that at some places sun rays unable to reach. So it’s called valley of shadow. it is accessible throughout the year except monsoon. To go at end side of gorge you have cross 2-3 water pools, water level changes according to seasons, in winter it is up to waist & in summer it is up to knee height. At the end of valley you get magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valley.
The Sandhan valley trek incorporates a rappelling experience and freehold rock climbing and descending, which cannot be undertaken by a group of rookies or individual trekkers. You would have to enlist the help of an operator who will, in addition to the technical gear also provide you camping gear.
Brief info about the Trek :-
Schedule for Event :- Kindly board on time at meeting point Gardan Hotel Siber Collage
according to the Below mentioned Timings
Date: 1-1-2016 Day: Friday
Time: 8:00 PM ( Night Travelling )
Meeting point : Gardan Hotel
we will start our journey to Sandhan Valley by Private Bus
@ Reach Samrad village by Private Bus.
@ Breakfast at village.
@ Start trek to Sandhan Valley, once reached at the base village.
@ Lunch on the Way ( village food -veg )
@ Reach at the Base, visit the blue Lagoon Pond , Campfire , Dinner etc. Day 2 Sunday
@ Wake up Call , Freshen Up
@ Start trek for Ratangad
@ Lunch on the Way ( village food -veg )
@ explore the fort .
@ start Return Journey to Kolhapur by evening 6 :00 pm after Evening Tea.
@ Reach Kolhapur by 5:00 AM on Day 3rd Monday Date 4-1-2016 ( Which is Tentative ) he cost for the trek is INR 4500/- per person Cost Includes :
* Transportation Kolhapur to Kolhapur by private Bus
* Accommodation in Tents on Multiple Sharing Basis
* Vegetarian Food : 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner (Village Food)
* Rappelling , Gear Charges , First Aid and Expertise Charges .
* All Taxes and Service Charges
Cost Does not Include :
* Food ordered other than included meals in the Cost
* Personal Expenses like Soft Drinks, Mineral water, etc.
Things To Be Carried :
1) 1 trek pants / Loose Trousers / Full sleeves preferred.
Carry Light Weight Cloths so that your bag is not heavy.
2) A water bottle (at least 2 liters (1 liter each) carry 2 bottles separately)
3) Shawl and sweater as it is very cold weather.
4) Good Trekking shoes.
5) Cap & sunglasses. Extra pairs of Clothes.
6) Dinner Plate, Spoon, 2 bowl, Glass, ( Compulsory )
7) Bag-pack or trekking bags no hand bags to be carried.
8) Torch with extra Batteries.
9) Medicine (for those who require usually) and basic medicine for headache. Body pain etc.
10) Mosquito repellent cream.
11) sleeping bags or bedding stuff ( satranji or bedsit and light weight blanket )( Compulsory )
12) Carry at least 2 Lemons, Chocolate Bars, Glucon D, Odomos.
13) Toilet kit.
Limited Seats are available, kindly confirm your seat by paying your trek fees as early as possible. Last date for registration is 25 th December 2015
Kindly note :
*Smoking and Alcohol consumption is not allowed
*Participants will have to reach 25 mins before at the starting point
*Trek Fee once paid will not be refunded on any circumstances.
*Kolhapur Hikers should not be held responsible for any natural calamities or the situations
which are beyond control.
*Follow instructions given by leaders.
*Safety measure are to be followed on strict basis anybody not following will be discarded on
*Please avoid wearing gold ornaments and do not carry any valuable things.
*Kolhapur Hikers will not be responsible for any type of injuries during trek.
1) Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited..
2) The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
3) No Arguments will be entertained.
* as well as MOST IMPORTANTLY carry garbage on the way back.
For More Info & Registration Contact
Sagar Patil 8237079999 / 9579997111