Information about the Trek
Type : Plateau
Duration : 1day , 1 night
Participants : 30 Members Only, (First come first serve)
Dear Adventure Enthusiasts,
How exciting is it to watch the sky crowded with zillions of dazzling stars!!!
Yes friends!!! Kolhapur Hikers once again taking you to an adventurous night.”Star Gazing and Night Camp” on 18 March 2017 Saturday at the Morjai Sada near Gaganbawada.
A fun learning Trekking Camp designed around learning more about the skies above us. Get educated about the stars, some hidden secrets and wrong myths about our planets by a professional astronomer. Have the advantage of viewing the stars and planets through a telescope. Enjoy the night with camp fire and tent camp.
Over Night Star Gazing programme at Morjai Sada. Morjai Sada is beautiful location in the backwaters of Narlveli Dam. Standing between Dajipur wildlife Sanctuary and Gaganbawad, we get a wide stretch of dark sky which offers a great opportunity for star gazing and other astronomy related activities From Morjai Plateau. We will be setting up a telescope for observing interesting Celestial Objects from the night sky.
Entire Night we will have Star Gazing sessions and in meantime while sky rotates and show some new constellations we will have theoretical information sessions by
Mr.Kiran Gavli Sir. These sessions will help you to understand the real depth of sky. Things like What is Star? How is it born and how it dies? What mean by Constellation? What is nebula? What is cluster? What is galaxy? will be explained.
Kindly Note that : Any Programme related with Observational Astronomy are Subject to Weather or Sky Conditions. So, If Sky Permits is an Unwritten Condition for the Same.
Experience the cooking with the added flavour of nature .
Grab this opportunity to experience a memorable night with the stars and nature..
The cost for the trek is INR 999/- per person
* Accommodation in Tents on Multiple Sharing Basis
* Vegetarian Food ( 1 Breakfast, 2 time Tea ,1 Dinner)
* Astronomical Equipments
* Star Gazing, Telescope & Expertise guidance’s charges
* Camp Fire Activities& Food cooking
* All Taxes and Service Charges
* Food ordered other than included meals in the cost
* Personal Expenses like Soft Drinks, Mineral water, etc.
* Traveling from Kolhapur to Kolhapur.
Meeting Time and Place : D Mart near Rankala lake at 11:00 am Sharp
11:30pm Departure from Kolhapur
1:00 pm Arrival at Lakmapur Dam
1:30pm Had A Lunch At Lakmapur Dam which has brought by Participants
3:00 pm Reach Base Village of Morjai sada
3:20 pm Trek will start for Morjai sada
04:20pm Reach at top of Morjai Sada
07:00pm – Campfire / Games / Songs and many more
08:00pm – Onwards Entire night star gazing activity using Telescope
09.30pm – Dinner break at
10:30pm – Onwards star gazing activity continue
07:30am – Refreshment & Breakfast & Tea
8:30:00am – Conclude with Happy Ending..
A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs) Compulsory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
Personal Care stuff, Medicine those if u require usually
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. Kolhapur Hikers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed after paying Trek Fees . ***
5. Kolhapur Hikers will not be responsible for any type of injuries during trek
6. Payment made is nonrefundable and non-transferable.
For more info & Registration Contact
Sagar Patil : 9579997111 / 8237079999