Kolhapur Hikers Mt.Deo Tibba Base Trek
About Deo Tibba Trek
Himachal Pradesh, the state blessed with beautiful treks throughout the mountains, has always been the favorite playground of the adventure junkies for centuries. Thrilling mountains of Himachal offers some best trekking trails that differ in their level of difficulty ranging from easy to strenuous. One trek which deserves a special mention in the list of best treks in its vicinity is the exciting 75 km long Deo Tibba.
Expansive views, lofty mountains, hanging glaciers, lush meadows, exposed rock faces, giant cliffs extensive geography, these are some of the surprising features of the Deo Tibba trek that fascinate every tourist to visit here once in a lifetime. Views of the snow-capped peaks of the mountains throughout the journey are special, and experienced hikers will say that it’s something you need to experience yourself.
To approach Deo Tibba Base camp, you will cross many remote villages and valleys like Panduropa, Setan, Hampta Pass, Chhika, Piyangniru, Raurikhaudi, to name a few. The trekking trail will take you further to an ancient village called Jogidugh, which is claimed to be the abode of ‘Thakshag Nag’ (serpent god) and all eighteen ‘Nag’ Gods. The trek also brings the expeditors to the grazing pastures of the Gaddi shepherds with magnificent views of Deo Tibba peak (6,001 m) and its enormous hanging glaciers. Bhanara cave, which was the abode of Pandavas during their exile, is also
an important stopover point for the trek. This adventurous expedition will further end at Prini, further embarking on a visit to Manali.
If the idea of trekking to Deo Tibba brings out the vision of scenic mountains and lush meadows and beautiful peaks, then you have indeed landed up at the right place. Mentioned below is the itinerary of Deo Tibba trek, go through it and register now to book your seat. This one of its kind incredible experience is just a click away.
Day 01, 13 May 2018 : Arrival at Manali
Reporting Time : 06.00 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Upon arrival in Manali, The pretty hilly town of Manali has an altitude of around 6730 feet, and it is a popular summer as well as winter destination. Deodar forests on the hills, the Beas River flowing through the town, and snow-clad mountains in the distance give it a mesmerizing look. The region experiences cool and pleasant weather conditions for most part of the year.
Manali to Drive Campsite – (4 Km. from Manali)
- B/ Fast
- Room Allotment
- Introduction – Mountain Do’s and Don’t’s
- Group Activity
- Acclimatization trek to “Jogini Water Fall”
- High Tea & Snacks
- Group Discussions
- Evening Hot Soup
Dinner and Lights off
Day 02, 14 May 2018 : Manali – Chikka
After breakfast, we will drive from Manali to Jagatsukh Dam, from where our trek starts. After a gradual steep ascent, we will reach Chikka Campsite in 3 – 4 hours. Admire the views of beautiful river and stay overnight at the camps.
Day 03, 15 May 2018 : Chhika – Dudu Pthar
We will have our breakfast and after that we will start our trek to Dudu pthar
beautiful valley and mountains, and stay overnight at the camps.
Day 04, 16 May 2018 : Dudu Pthar – Seri
Seri through lush forest. Seri lies along the left bank of Jagatsukh Nallah. Witness the enchanting waterfall, and admire the beauty of Seri, once a glaciated lake but now it’s a vast spread of green meadow. Stay overnight at Seri.
Day 05, 17 May 2018 : Seri – Tainta ( Base of Deo Tibba) – Seri
Today, we will embark on the journey to our destination, to take in the beauty of majestic Mount Deo Tibba. Our adventurous journey includes crossing a few gushing river streams and few steep climbs. We will reach Tenta and then after another 3 – 4 hours, we will reach Deo Tibba Base Camp. Cherish the amazing views of Deo Tibba Peak and Indrasan Peak. We will trek down to Seri to spend the night.
Day 06, 18 May 2018 : Seri – Chika
We will have breakfast in the morning and then start descending to Jagatsukh. We will have our packed lunch midway. We will be picked up from Jagatsukh Dam and driven to Rumsu Village. We will take a short walk to Rumsu Base Camp and receive our certificates for completing the trek. Have dinner and stay overnight.
Day 07, 19 May 2018 : Chika – Manali (campsite)
we will reach our Campsite by evening
Dinner and stay at campsite
Day 08, 20 May 2018 : Departure from Manali To Delhi
Morning Tea B/Fast
Feedback Session and Vote of Thanks
After Vote of Thanks leave from campsite to Manali,
From Manali, by bus to Delhi.
Please Note: Depending upon the weather conditions the itinerary is subject to change without prior notice.
After Vote of Thanks leave from campsite to Manali,
From Manali, by bus to Delhi.
Package Price Rs 11999/- (Manali to Manali)
Age Group : 16 Yrs. To upto Medically/Mentally/Physically fit………
Package Price Includes :
- Manali to Manali Transfers
- Food and Accommodation ( 4 People in 1 Room and 4 People in 1 Tent )
- Girls and Boys Separate Accommodation
- High Altitude Gear : Ice Axe – Ice Shoes – Walking Stick – Rope
- Guide / Cook and other Professionals
- Any Expenses of Personal nature such as Travel and medical insurance, Drinks, Laundry,
- Telephone/Fax, Calls, Additional Porterage or transportations,
- Any additional Expenses caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities
- ( Land Slides, Floods etc. ), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs
- Any tips, and any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be
- Extra and need to be borne by you.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
- “Kolhapur Hikers”, will have all authority to make any changes and final Decision.
- Please Note: All programs are subject to change without prior notice.
Smoking and Any Kind of Alcohol Drinks not allowed During Program
All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness,
Accidents, emergency rescue, ted. related to international travel. “Kolhapur Hikers”
shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to
unavoidable reason or mishap.
Caution & Remarks :
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates those with a history
Of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before
Deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti histamines
Which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS-Active Mountain Sickness)
Especially while sleeping
Note: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike/bandh etc), Kolhapur Hikers is not responsible and will not give any refund.
Drop out during trek: If for some reason a participant has to drop out from the trek on any day then Kolhapur Hikers, will make arrangements for his/her return upto Manali. A staff will accompany the participant to the Manali. Manali transportation and stay cost at any location including Manali has to be borne by the participant.
Some Tips Backpacking Checklist :
- Sun protection & Cold Cream (Sunscreen/Lip balm/Sunglasses)
- Insulation (Jacket/ Personal Clothing’s/ Fleece Gloves/ Hat or Cap)
- Illumination (Headlamp or flashlight (Plus spare – Extra batteries)
- Personal First-aid Kit.
- Energy Food
- Hydration Bag or Water Bottle
- Bandana or Buff
- Rainwear (jacket, pants) (Depend on Weather)
- Boots or Shoes suited to terrain
- Socks plus spares
- Camera and memory cards – Optional
- Binoculars – Optional
- Notebook and pen or pencil
- Credit/Debit card; small amount of cash
- Earplugs and eye shade – UV Protected or Cat 4
- Toilet paper
- Insect repellant
- Toothbrush and/or toiletry kit
- Cell phone with Charger,
- Personal Clothing (T.Shirts/Lowers/Under Garments etc.)
- Thermal Inners
Last but most Important : Trip itinerary and Contact details left with friend or Home.