Panhalgad To Pawankhind A walk For History
There was a time when Shivaji Maharaj and his faithful army walked over a distance of 47km in almost 20 Hrs while it was raining cats and dogs and while enemy was chasing and they had to fight.Veer Baji Prabhu Deshpande became martyr during this war.
Today the things might not be as hard as that but we can walk on same route and relive our history and pay them a tribute.
Day 1 : Saturday
Date : 21 / 07 / 2018
07:00 am Reporting on Panhalgad at Veer Shiva Kashid Statue
08:00 am Decent from Pusati Buruj, Turukwadi, Mhalunge Village, Mhasai
Pathar- Kumbharwadi, Chapewadi, Mandlaiwadi, Karapewadi,
06:00 pm Reach at Karapewadi,
09:00 pm Dinner at Karapewadi.
Stay at Karapewadi.
Day 2 : Sunday
Date : 22 / 07 / 2018
07:00 AM : Fresh-up & Break-fast
08:00 AM : Decent from Karapewadi, Ambewadi, Patewadi, Sukumacha
dhangarwada, Mhasavade, Pandherpani, Pavankhind
02:00 pm Reach at Pavankhind Pay Tribute to Veer BajiPrabhu Deshpande.
03:00 pm Lunch at BhatTalli Temple.
05:00 PM : Departure to Kolhapur
The cost for the trek is INR 800/- per person
Cost Includes :
Registration Charges, Day 1 Breakfas – Dinner, Day 2 – Breakfast & Lunch,
Cost Does not Include :
Public Transport from Kolhapur to Panhalgad
and Pavankhind to Kolhapur
Things to Carry :
1) bring pack Lunch for the 1st day A Water Bottle (2 Ltrs),2) A Torch with spare
set of Battery,
2) Sleeping mat, bedding,
3) Extra Pair of Clothes,
4) 100 ml coconut oil (for Shoe bite), Salt, Turmeric powder (for Leeches)
5) Good trekking shoes,Raincheater,
6) Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, biscuits etc.,
7) Personal Medicine those you require usually (Optional)
8) Paper napkins, soap (It is a simple village and does not have closed toilet
facility. Please come prepared accordingly)
9) Rain cheater
10) A good haversack to put all your luggage. (All luggage should be wrapped in
plastic bags to avoid getting wet in rain.)
Kindly Note :
1) Please avoid wearing gold ornaments and do not carry any
2) It is a simple village and does not have closed toilet facility.
Please come prepared accordingly.
3) Consuming Alcohol, Tobacco and Smoking is strictly PROHIBITED.
4) Kolhapur Hikers will not be responsible for any type of injuries during
5) Trek Fees Are Non Refundable.
* Limited Seats are available, kindly confirm your seat by
paying your trek fees as early as possible.
Last date for registration is 10th July 2018
—————- REGISTRATIONS STARTED ———————
Registration forms are available on this address:
1) Hotel Marathi Khasiyat opposite N.C.C Bhavan
2)Wildthings shop Tarabai Park near Damini Hotel.
3)Skylark Pharma Opposite Gayatri Hospital Sane Guruji Vasahat
4)Hotel Vathrukhsh Shahu Park,more wadi ring road in front of SBI and BOI ATM.
For More Info & Registration Contact
Sagar Patil 9579997111 / 8237079999
Team Kolhapur Hikers
w w w . k o l h a p u r h i k e r s . c o m